Issues & Goals
The Planning & Zoning Policy Action Team examines land use issues across the food system as they relate to zoning and planning ordinances and regulations. We aim to share and establish best practices and model ordinances and give planning expertise to community issues that arise.
Dates of Upcoming Meetings:
- Friday, January 25, 2019 from 4pm-5:30pm at Argus Farm Stop (325 W. Liberty St., Ann Arbor, MI 48103)
Meeting times and locations are also posted here.
The Planning & Zoning Policy Action Team is:
- Advocating for food systems components in master plans, parks and recreation plans and other local ordinances
- Supporting local ordinances that encourage small scale food production (urban agriculture and urban livestock)
- Promoting the use of appropriate vacant and underutilized land as a resource for the food system
- Developing best practices and model language for farmers market siting and standards
- Examining opportunities for local economic development via the food system
If you are looking for informational resources or support materials for work in the above areas, please contact us.